Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- What your sleep position says about you
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- Crazy time-lapse video captures 360-degree night sky
- Why are my feet always cold?
- How to clean brass naturally
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion