Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Things cats do that would be weird if humans did them
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?