Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems