Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why Americans are less happy with their new cars
- What is mindfulness?
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Avocado and Chickpea Salad Sandwiches: Vegan Recipe
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- How to spot a narcissist