Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to make overnight oats
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Graphene contact lenses could give you Predator-vision