Colby has spent his life building, improving and maintaining homes, buildings, brownfields and the like. In 2007, he took his hands-on experience and passion for sustainability to new heights by earning the LEED AP distinction from the U.S. Green Building Council. He was a project facilitator and construction manager on LEED New Construction projects in Texas before hanging up his neckties to focus on improving the state of his immediate surroundings. He is a member of the USGBC and the Sierra Club. Additionally, he has a Bachelor's in English from the University of Iowa. He calls Denver home and spends his free time hiking the Rocky Mountains, kickin' it with his trusty pooch, Beau, and riding his bicycle on Denver's fantastic city trails.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure