Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Fireflies turn dusk to disco in dazzling time-lapse video
- Why do cats love boxes so much?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Elephant smashes house, then saves crying baby
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion