Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- Do Unto Animals: The new book from Tracey Stewart that aims to help us help animals
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stunned by Yosemite: A trip that will make you feel alive
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Happy Save the Frogs Day
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA