Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The world’s most multilingual countries
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Meet Venus, the cat with 2 faces
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time