Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- 10 free apps for astronomy fans
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- On the edge: 10 treacherous trails with great views