Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- Drone films dozens of wild dolphins surfing together
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Pharrell's 'Happy' is even happier in sign language