Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- How to hike with your cat
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared