Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- How the planets got their names
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash