Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- How often do you really need to shower?
- What the heck are frankincense and myrrh?