Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- What your sleep position says about you
- America's favorite place to go to the bathroom is at a botanical garden in Pennsylvania
- Meet 7 new endangered species on the IUCN Red List
- Why are some people colder than others?
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- We've been splitting wood all wrong
- How to give a cat a pill