Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- Earth's water existed 135 million years earlier than scientists originally thought
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 12 horror films that reveal Mother Nature's evil side
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 8 creepiest places in U.S. national parks
- Can a Google search prove that we've been visited by time travelers from the future?