Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 5 businesses embracing the cargo bike
- The experts' secrets to getting organized
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth