Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- If I fits, I sits: 18 photos that prove cats can get comfortable anywhere
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 4 breastfeeding myths, debunked
- World's first man-made photosynthetic 'leaf' could produce oxygen for astronauts
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cardomom and Hazelnuts: Vegan recipe
- 6 unexpected products made from hemp