Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- 5 amazing things you probably didn't know about the Milky Way
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 7 health benefits of drinking hot cocoa
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- How to give your pot holders a deep cleaning