Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- What your sleep position says about you
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Crazy time-lapse video captures 360-degree night sky
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash