Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 18 perfect snowflakes [Photos]
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 20 things you didn't know about zebras