Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- 14 household uses for beer
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Cycling across the country barefoot in search of a simpler life
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?