Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Is going 'off-grid' a good idea?
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Forest bathing: Take a dip in these serene forests
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- What your blood type says about you