Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 'Under the Dome' air pollution documentary turns viral sensation
- How to change your life by decluttering
- What is face blindness?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts