Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Taku-Tanku: Tow this tiny portable home with a bike
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Cancer symptoms you shouldn't ignore
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- Do you know what your dreams mean?
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- 26 random acts of kindness to try today
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 health benefits of lemons