Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to give a cat a pill
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why are some people colder than others?
- The benefits of quitting smoking and 5 natural ways to kick the habit
- Celebs embrace the power of silence for new Ebola PSA
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- How to keep squirrels out of your attic
- We've been splitting wood all wrong