Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 22 surprising uses for turmeric
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth