Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Wildlife thrives in 'the most dangerous place on Earth'
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Can you match the footprints to the animal? MNN quiz