Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- 10 ways to get 10 minutes of exercise
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- 7 signs we are too dependent on technology
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm