Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- We're all searching for a better chicken recipe
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Mushroom Lentil Bourguignon: Vegan recipe
- 8 breathtaking videos captured by drones
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- Agriculture-minded retirement community keeps greenthumbed residents happily occupied
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- Jane Goodall explains empathy and why kids need pets