Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth