Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Chris' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 fruits you can grill
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Tips for cooling off this summer