Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- Berkeley collects $116,000 in 1st month of soda tax
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- Does happiness have a scent?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 15 obsolete words we should still be using