Having spent the past two years teaching English in rural Japan as part of the JET program, Chris recently returned to the U.S. His interest and involvement in environmental issues was strongly influenced by a seven-month overland backpacking trip from Japan to West Africa. The call of the open road, getting lost in the wilderness, and good beer are among his passions. Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University with a degree in history and poverty studies. He currently works for an outdoor education organization in Pittsburgh, Pa.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- This woman sees more than 2 colors in 'the dress'
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux