Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The world's deepest hole lies hidden beneath this rusty metal cap
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't