Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When the zombie apocalypse arrives, head for the Rocky Mountains
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- What your blood type says about you
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists