Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning