Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- Homeowner's lawn-to-garden transformation yields more than just vegetables
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 12 horror films that reveal Mother Nature's evil side
- 8 creepiest places in U.S. national parks