Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- Rare berries offer seeds of hope for cancer sufferers
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 8 creepy mystery ingredients in fast food
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- The 9 nastiest things in your supermarket