Colleen Vanderlinden is the author of "Edible Gardening for the Midwest" and "Vegetable Gardening for the Midwest." Her work has appeared in Mother Earth News and Birds & Blooms, and she's the organic gardening guide for About.com. When she's not gardening, she's teaching others how to do so — which basically means she's obsessed.
In addition to gardening, she enjoys cooking, reading (usually about gardening ...) and dreaming of keeping a few chickens. She's also the founder of In the Garden Online, where she writes about gardening, blogging and everything in between, and Gardening in the Mitten, where she provides useful information for Michigan gardeners.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Avocado and Chickpea Salad Sandwiches: Vegan Recipe