Institute Of Solar Technology
Institute of Solar Technology (Solar Technology Training Institute) has been established by"Shyamsundar Child and Women Development Society".
"GREEN PROJECT" unit of this organization for reducing global warming through renewable energy technologies.
- Social Benefit
Energy independence is a social advantage that is provided by solar energy generation. Implementing solar energy generation gives a homeowner the ability to take control over his energy costs. Solar energy generation may also provide various government tax credits for a person who chooses to implement solar generation. Each participating state offers a renewable-energy incentive for both business and homes to recover costs of initial solar systems set-up.
- Youth Employment
An important social advantage of solar energy is the many new jobs needed for solar energy generation. While the demand for solar energy increases, so do the jobs needed to supply the demand. Solar power generating and manufacturing plants will require various positions for successful operation, creating many jobs for local communities. Sales and installation jobs will be necessary as solar energy awareness and popularity increase.
- Youth Entrepreneurship
We also support the self esteem of rural women by gradually training them to become a technician, because they can maintain the system on a household level. Women becoming technicians and they are producing parts of the solar systems. So they are having income. In future they will be entrepreneurs. They can sell the system, they can install the system, they can maintain the system, and they can have an income. We are transforming them from passive victims to active agents of social change for their communities. If we can add micro-finance and energy it has the full potential for supporting a functioning entrepreneurship or a business.
The objective of this training program is to build manpower capability at technical and operational level for solar power generation through a combination of class-room training and practical training. With practical project work looking at solar power, these industrial training are a fantastic introduction to the world of renewable energy and should help their find jobs in renewable energy.
The objects of this training program are as bellows:
- Training and helping rural grassroots woman to set up their own renewable energy businesses by 2015
- Providing training and other support to small businesses such as links to financial institutions at low interest rate, access to solar panels and other accessories at cost effective prices
- Creating Eco- villages to showcase the impact of climate mitigation and adaptation measures etc
- Pilot testing new business models and renewable energy technologies to disseminate these on a mass scale
- Helping to set up small to medium sized renewable businesses coupled with local Green Energy Entrepreneurs
- Trained local technicians in renewable energy technology
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 quirky travel destinations for cat people
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Shelter cat makes perfect rock-climbing partner
- What chickens do during a solar eclipse
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen