Uncertain of a path after high school, David Madden spent a year on bicycles and organic farms in Ireland and Costa Rica. Although he returned to the United States with less of a path than a passion, he enrolled in the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study people and environment geography. Three years later he had built a foundation to sustain his passion. He spent a summer in the backcountry with the Student Conservation Association before returning to Madison. He helps to build green houses and young conservationists with Operation Fresh Start, an AmeriCorps affiliate. David moonlights as a community organizer, facilitating Environmental Action Teams for the Madison Environmental Group.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to make overnight oats
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to master the art of flower photography
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?