Uncertain of a path after high school, David Madden spent a year on bicycles and organic farms in Ireland and Costa Rica. Although he returned to the United States with less of a path than a passion, he enrolled in the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study people and environment geography. Three years later he had built a foundation to sustain his passion. He spent a summer in the backcountry with the Student Conservation Association before returning to Madison. He helps to build green houses and young conservationists with Operation Fresh Start, an AmeriCorps affiliate. David moonlights as a community organizer, facilitating Environmental Action Teams for the Madison Environmental Group.
David's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 8 ways to overcome emotional eating
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why you have to pee in the middle of the night
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again