Uncertain of a path after high school, David Madden spent a year on bicycles and organic farms in Ireland and Costa Rica. Although he returned to the United States with less of a path than a passion, he enrolled in the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study people and environment geography. Three years later he had built a foundation to sustain his passion. He spent a summer in the backcountry with the Student Conservation Association before returning to Madison. He helps to build green houses and young conservationists with Operation Fresh Start, an AmeriCorps affiliate. David moonlights as a community organizer, facilitating Environmental Action Teams for the Madison Environmental Group.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.