Uncertain of a path after high school, David Madden spent a year on bicycles and organic farms in Ireland and Costa Rica. Although he returned to the United States with less of a path than a passion, he enrolled in the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study people and environment geography. Three years later he had built a foundation to sustain his passion. He spent a summer in the backcountry with the Student Conservation Association before returning to Madison. He helps to build green houses and young conservationists with Operation Fresh Start, an AmeriCorps affiliate. David moonlights as a community organizer, facilitating Environmental Action Teams for the Madison Environmental Group.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Why Americans are less happy with their new cars
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- Behold China's most extreme mountain trail
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux