I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- Why everyone is talking about energy storage
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux