I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 5 questions to ask before you bring chickens home
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid