I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Real-life cookie monsters steal Girl Scout cookies
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother