I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent