I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
dobermantmacleod's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- 6 books every dog owner should read
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion