I am a member of Mensa, and a USCF National Master at chess. A severe carbon diet is unfeasible, so either geoengineering or a massive cull of humanity are the choices. IPCC climate models are grossly underestimating warming because they ignore ecosystems (i.e. biology), and only consider physics and chemistry. There is more carbon in methane hydrate than all the oil, coal, and natural gas still in the ground. Soon natural emissions from melting methane hydrate will overwhelm any cuts we could feasibly make to our emissions. There is a cheap and simple way to immediately cool the Earth: just add a little (more) sun dimming aerosol to the upper atmosphere.
dobermantmacleod's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Cancer symptoms you shouldn't ignore
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Do you know what your dreams mean?
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- MNN geography quiz: Where was this photo taken?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies