Douglas Robinson is the founder of www.verdantva.blogspot.com, a place where every shade of green in Virginia can be discussed and written about. He's an award winning financial journalist and currently a public relations manager for one of the largest community development nonprofit corporations in the U.S.
Some other things:
Outside magazine is one of the best written magazines in the U.S., and its writers have encouraged me to explore the world and myself.
The greatest writer alive to me today is Isabel Allende. The cover art for her novel, Daughter of Fortune, haunted me for months until I picked it up, read it, loved it and am now transformed into her biggest fan.
I never thought that I'd leave New York City -- why? it's the center of the world, but just because it's the center, doesn't mean the things on the perimeter are not interesting, too.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- When are you supposed to tip?
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Houseboats combine the best of tiny (on land or water)
- Chimpanzees are naturally violent, study suggests
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion