Douglas Robinson is the founder of www.verdantva.blogspot.com, a place where every shade of green in Virginia can be discussed and written about. He's an award winning financial journalist and currently a public relations manager for one of the largest community development nonprofit corporations in the U.S.
Some other things:
Outside magazine is one of the best written magazines in the U.S., and its writers have encouraged me to explore the world and myself.
The greatest writer alive to me today is Isabel Allende. The cover art for her novel, Daughter of Fortune, haunted me for months until I picked it up, read it, loved it and am now transformed into her biggest fan.
I never thought that I'd leave New York City -- why? it's the center of the world, but just because it's the center, doesn't mean the things on the perimeter are not interesting, too.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Take a walk through a floating flower garden
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 7 foods you can fry an egg in
- How to hike with your cat