Douglas Robinson is the founder of www.verdantva.blogspot.com, a place where every shade of green in Virginia can be discussed and written about. He's an award winning financial journalist and currently a public relations manager for one of the largest community development nonprofit corporations in the U.S.
Some other things:
Outside magazine is one of the best written magazines in the U.S., and its writers have encouraged me to explore the world and myself.
The greatest writer alive to me today is Isabel Allende. The cover art for her novel, Daughter of Fortune, haunted me for months until I picked it up, read it, loved it and am now transformed into her biggest fan.
I never thought that I'd leave New York City -- why? it's the center of the world, but just because it's the center, doesn't mean the things on the perimeter are not interesting, too.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- Is your goat happy? Here's how you can tell