Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Strange and surprising facts about how animals sleep
- 10 models the car lots can't give away
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 7 core stability exercises that aren't crunches
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Can eating chocolate help you lose weight?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Tesla's new Powerwall battery could be world-changing
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a walk through time