Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- In Rotterdam, a wind turbine that's also an apartment complex (and an observation wheel)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth