Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- These starling murmurations are not what they appear
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 surprisingly decadent no-refined-sugar dessert recipes
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists