Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 8 astonishing benefits of walking
- What is exploding head syndrome?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth