Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- Take a chance on these 8 thrilling suspension walkways
- Weird cloud on radar maps wasn't caused by weather
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Why living small means living happily ever after
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Do foods taste the same to animals as they do to us?
- Why everyone makes the same angry face
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods