Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to make overnight oats
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?