Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 18 perfect snowflakes [Photos]
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- World's deepest fish discovered 5 miles under the ocean surface
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What are the hardest languages to learn?