Donna runs her Vitamix first thing every morning for herself and her husband and whatever adult child happens to be living home at the time — usually kale, spinach, apple, banana, raw honey and lemon. She tries to be an eternal optimist about life and the current food movement. She is a writer, and a lover of fine food and wine inspired by growing up in an Italian-American home filled with food and laughter. She is in the process of planting a large vegetable garden and loves riding down to the Hudson River. Donna has worked at the Enterprise newspaper, LoHud, Patch and many local Rockland County print and online magazines. She co-chaired her local CSA farm in 2012 and will be active again in coming seasons. Besides her feature work, Donna is a freelance writer for corporations, non-profits and will soon collaborate on a new documentary film on hunger in the suburbs.
Donna's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 23 temples in nature: Engulfed by nature
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 12 health benefits of apple cider vinegar
- Hundreds of people 'pay it forward' at a single Starbucks location
- 10 health benefits of lemons
- 10 natural remedies using honey