Enrique Gili is a freelance writer based in San Diego covering environmental issues in Southern California
and beyond. His focus is the intersection between science, nature and technology with a twist of food politics.
When he's not gazing at the computer monitor, the outdoors and kitchen calls. His work has appeared in Grist, ENSIA,
Pacific Standard and Duetsche Welle, among other media outlets.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 15 obsolete words we should still be using
- Hippo's ancestor was the size of an overgrown sheep
- Artist's mandala bowls extol magic of superfoods
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.