Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Homemade driveway deicers: We tested it