Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
Emily's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The seven stones of simpler living
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 12 commands every dog should know
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Why do people think cooking is hard?
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog