Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The seven stones of simpler living
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 5 questions to ask before you bring chickens home
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid