Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- 5 amazing things you probably didn't know about the Milky Way
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 7 health benefits of drinking hot cocoa
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- How to give your pot holders a deep cleaning