Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 41 of our favorite life hacks