Emily Goldstein is a freshman at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Ky. She was one of 16 teens chosen from around the world to study polar bears in the Arctic, and since then she has been educating the people of Louisville about climate change. Emily created a website on which people have pledged to reduce almost 16 million pounds of carbon emissions of energy use. She has given talks on climate change to over 1,000 people and has convinced dozens of companies to recycle and change their energy-use policies. Emily is also on the advisory panel of the National Environmental Education Foundation (www.neefusa.org), and she plans to get a PhD in wildlife conservation.
Emily's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Taku-Tanku: Tow this tiny portable home with a bike
- Cancer symptoms you shouldn't ignore
- 8 breathtaking garden mazes: Fun confusion
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 26 random acts of kindness to try today
- Do you know what your dreams mean?
- 5 types of toxic people to nix from your life