Emily is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in biology and life sciences communication. She is extremely proud to be a Badger and is excited to be writing about her home state. On campus, she is involved in the Carnivore Coexistence Lab and for four years she has played trumpet in the world-famous UW Marching Band. After graduation, she wants to continue writing about science and to make her readers enthusiastic about their world.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- How to clean brass naturally
- 13 tips to reduce, reuse and recycle your food
- How to maximize your workout if you are short on time