Erin Tiernan is a senior at the University of Rhode Island where she is majoring in journalism and public relations with a concentration in non-profit organizations and social issues. As a freelance reporter for several local newspapers, she is interested in keeping RI clean and beautiful through her writing on environmental advocacy. In her free time, you’ll probably find her playing tennis, rollerblading or hiking and seeking new letter-box posts throughout the state. Her hobbies include snowboarding, photography and going on Wikipedia vacations (they're free!).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is freezing fog?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Baobab: The 'superfood' that saves lives
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.