Erin Tiernan is a senior at the University of Rhode Island where she is majoring in journalism and public relations with a concentration in non-profit organizations and social issues. As a freelance reporter for several local newspapers, she is interested in keeping RI clean and beautiful through her writing on environmental advocacy. In her free time, you’ll probably find her playing tennis, rollerblading or hiking and seeking new letter-box posts throughout the state. Her hobbies include snowboarding, photography and going on Wikipedia vacations (they're free!).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- How to hike with your cat
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Scientists make music for cats