Erin Tiernan is a senior at the University of Rhode Island where she is majoring in journalism and public relations with a concentration in non-profit organizations and social issues. As a freelance reporter for several local newspapers, she is interested in keeping RI clean and beautiful through her writing on environmental advocacy. In her free time, you’ll probably find her playing tennis, rollerblading or hiking and seeking new letter-box posts throughout the state. Her hobbies include snowboarding, photography and going on Wikipedia vacations (they're free!).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Goats really can climb trees
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies