Flora Bernard is a Salt Lake City climate activist. She is a recent alumnus of the University of Utah, with a B.A. in political science. She is proud to be on the advisory board of Peaceful Uprising, a Utah-based climate action group, and volunteers with other local environmental and social justice organizations. Flora is a musician, fictionist and spoken word artist, and volunteers for KRCL, Salt Lake's progressive community radio station. She intends to pursue her graduate studies in literary non-fiction and environmental journalism. In her spare time, Flora is an insatiable reader, a music enthusiast and a loyal fan of public radio.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to change your life by decluttering
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- What is face blindness?
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- What does your handwriting say about your personality?
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.