Flora Bernard is a Salt Lake City climate activist. She is a recent alumnus of the University of Utah, with a B.A. in political science. She is proud to be on the advisory board of Peaceful Uprising, a Utah-based climate action group, and volunteers with other local environmental and social justice organizations. Flora is a musician, fictionist and spoken word artist, and volunteers for KRCL, Salt Lake's progressive community radio station. She intends to pursue her graduate studies in literary non-fiction and environmental journalism. In her spare time, Flora is an insatiable reader, a music enthusiast and a loyal fan of public radio.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- How to hike with your cat
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- What is freezing fog?