I am a practical environmentalist; there are many different ways, techniques, processes, and activities to an environmentalist's ideals and I have researched only a fraction of the issues. Long before "going green" was a way of life, I have researched alternatives to modern lifestyles.
"Saving the World" is not on my agenda and "going green" is retro! My favorite motto's are:
"Do what you can with what you have (reduce consumption and save resources)."
"I'm not green; I am sustainable(there is a big difference)!"
"Live smart, not frivolous - conserve and preserve for our future!"
"My mother takes care of me - I like to return the favor!"
These are just a few of my many mottos and philosophies to change a wasteful lifestyle into a productive lifestyle.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- Things cats do that would be weird if humans did them
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- How to pet a cat
- Your zombie-proof log cabin has arrived
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 7 things your mouth can reveal about your health
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs