I am a practical environmentalist; there are many different ways, techniques, processes, and activities to an environmentalist's ideals and I have researched only a fraction of the issues. Long before "going green" was a way of life, I have researched alternatives to modern lifestyles.
"Saving the World" is not on my agenda and "going green" is retro! My favorite motto's are:
"Do what you can with what you have (reduce consumption and save resources)."
"I'm not green; I am sustainable(there is a big difference)!"
"Live smart, not frivolous - conserve and preserve for our future!"
"My mother takes care of me - I like to return the favor!"
These are just a few of my many mottos and philosophies to change a wasteful lifestyle into a productive lifestyle.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion