I am a practical environmentalist; there are many different ways, techniques, processes, and activities to an environmentalist's ideals and I have researched only a fraction of the issues. Long before "going green" was a way of life, I have researched alternatives to modern lifestyles.
"Saving the World" is not on my agenda and "going green" is retro! My favorite motto's are:
"Do what you can with what you have (reduce consumption and save resources)."
"I'm not green; I am sustainable(there is a big difference)!"
"Live smart, not frivolous - conserve and preserve for our future!"
"My mother takes care of me - I like to return the favor!"
These are just a few of my many mottos and philosophies to change a wasteful lifestyle into a productive lifestyle.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- How to hike with your cat
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.