Hi, I'm Leslie, founder/director of Genesis Wildlife Sanctuary on Beech Mtn in NC. I have been rehabbing wildlife, exotics and domestics for 30 years on this mountain. I am a retired RN who spent 17 years in Intensive Care and 6 as a Hospice nurse. I have been in a committed relationship for 20 years. We share our home with various reptiles, parrots, songbirds and dogs. We are currently in a battle with our town council who is trying to take my educational center by the lake for their own uses. We have been forced to move all of our 100+ birds, reptiles and mammals off the property and later tear down over $100,000 of habitats. We found out after we did all this that the town acted illegally. The town is trying to run us out of money to keep our attorneys paid. We are determined to prevent that from happening. Please visit our web site to see what we had.
genewild's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- How to take your dog anywhere, with the help of these 6 smartphone apps
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Cigarette butt recycling comes to the Big Easy
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How much do you know about wolves? MNN quiz