Hi, I'm Leslie, founder/director of Genesis Wildlife Sanctuary on Beech Mtn in NC. I have been rehabbing wildlife, exotics and domestics for 30 years on this mountain. I am a retired RN who spent 17 years in Intensive Care and 6 as a Hospice nurse. I have been in a committed relationship for 20 years. We share our home with various reptiles, parrots, songbirds and dogs. We are currently in a battle with our town council who is trying to take my educational center by the lake for their own uses. We have been forced to move all of our 100+ birds, reptiles and mammals off the property and later tear down over $100,000 of habitats. We found out after we did all this that the town acted illegally. The town is trying to run us out of money to keep our attorneys paid. We are determined to prevent that from happening. Please visit our web site to see what we had.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air