Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- Why the Japanese volcano Mount Ontake erupted without warning
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- 5 apps to teach kids about nature and sustainability
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods