Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to change your life by decluttering