Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What the heck are frankincense and myrrh?
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Critically endangered sea turtles rebound in Nicaragua
- 10 ways graphene could change the world
- 15 words you never knew came from literature