Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 'Under the Dome' air pollution documentary turns viral sensation
- How to change your life by decluttering
- What is face blindness?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts