Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
Heather's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Study: Abstaining from alcohol significantly shortens life
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- Name the state where these natural wonders are located: Quiz
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air