Heather was raised in the picturesque state of New Mexico, but headed west to California to attend college. She graduated from Mills College in 2009 with a BA in Intermedia Art. At Mills she was involved with the campus group, Earth CORPS, interned at KQED with the series Ocean Adventures and she created an Earth Day film festival. After graduating, she backpacked through Hawaii and worked on organic farms. She enjoys photography, film, traveling, learning about new media and technology and promoting sustainable living. Her favorite animal is the nudibranch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies