No Corn Diet - Curtis Abbey
I'm a professional golfer, with a degree in Economics. I got into blogging about nutrition and gardening through my own experiences with health. My influence is strongly related to Fast Food Nation, Omnivore's Dilemma, Supersize Me and the nutrition class I took in college. I personally believe the only corn we should eat is corn on the cob or some other version of broken down kernels (like what goes into a tortilla chip). The industrial corn that is fed to most cows, and inputed into a Rube Goldberg machine that outputs all sorts of starches and emulsifiers, sugars and binders. These are dangerous processes in my opinion. I try and avoid processed corn in all its form, and I feel better for the difference.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Crohn's disease may be caused by food additives
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash