No Corn Diet - Curtis Abbey
I'm a professional golfer, with a degree in Economics. I got into blogging about nutrition and gardening through my own experiences with health. My influence is strongly related to Fast Food Nation, Omnivore's Dilemma, Supersize Me and the nutrition class I took in college. I personally believe the only corn we should eat is corn on the cob or some other version of broken down kernels (like what goes into a tortilla chip). The industrial corn that is fed to most cows, and inputed into a Rube Goldberg machine that outputs all sorts of starches and emulsifiers, sugars and binders. These are dangerous processes in my opinion. I try and avoid processed corn in all its form, and I feel better for the difference.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Small fridges make good cities, healthier people
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- Why reading fiction makes you a better person