No Corn Diet - Curtis Abbey
I'm a professional golfer, with a degree in Economics. I got into blogging about nutrition and gardening through my own experiences with health. My influence is strongly related to Fast Food Nation, Omnivore's Dilemma, Supersize Me and the nutrition class I took in college. I personally believe the only corn we should eat is corn on the cob or some other version of broken down kernels (like what goes into a tortilla chip). The industrial corn that is fed to most cows, and inputed into a Rube Goldberg machine that outputs all sorts of starches and emulsifiers, sugars and binders. These are dangerous processes in my opinion. I try and avoid processed corn in all its form, and I feel better for the difference.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient