I am a "sustainable sister" who is trying to "get myself back to the garden." Props to CSNY. Since Aug. 2000, I have been the Coordinator for Keep Bartow Beautiful, a certified affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. My "greatest hits" list includes our School Recycling Contest, with 22 schools recycling over 100 tons of mixed paper, cardboard, plastic drink bottles, milk jugs, glass bottles, tin cans, aluminum cans, and electronics; Our Georgia's Arbor Day tree giveaway, with 2000 trees given away to citizens at local city halls and courthouses by Master Gardeners; and our Rivers Alive River Cleanup, with local code enforcement officers leading teams of teenagers to cleanups at 7 different sites. I also manage the Bartow Office of Environmental Programs Coordination, where I work with the county's stormwater program, greenspace program, bike/walk program, and the Bartow EvMS, the first county-wide environmental management system in the U.S. (recognized by Federal EPA Award-White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation, Washington, D.C. I love what I do, but need antlers to hold the multiple hats I wear at work. Getting back to the garden--on a personal note, I have a degree in Ag. Journalism, and my first love was and is gardening, especially herbs and flowers, and writing about it. Our farm, Henshaw Harmony Farms, is a work in progress, with future plans to become organic certified for fruits and veggies. My life is directed by and through the music I hear all around me, and I hope that I create a harmony with others in all that I do.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Best beach of 2015 is off the beaten path
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth