I am a "sustainable sister" who is trying to "get myself back to the garden." Props to CSNY. Since Aug. 2000, I have been the Coordinator for Keep Bartow Beautiful, a certified affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. My "greatest hits" list includes our School Recycling Contest, with 22 schools recycling over 100 tons of mixed paper, cardboard, plastic drink bottles, milk jugs, glass bottles, tin cans, aluminum cans, and electronics; Our Georgia's Arbor Day tree giveaway, with 2000 trees given away to citizens at local city halls and courthouses by Master Gardeners; and our Rivers Alive River Cleanup, with local code enforcement officers leading teams of teenagers to cleanups at 7 different sites. I also manage the Bartow Office of Environmental Programs Coordination, where I work with the county's stormwater program, greenspace program, bike/walk program, and the Bartow EvMS, the first county-wide environmental management system in the U.S. (recognized by Federal EPA Award-White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation, Washington, D.C. I love what I do, but need antlers to hold the multiple hats I wear at work. Getting back to the garden--on a personal note, I have a degree in Ag. Journalism, and my first love was and is gardening, especially herbs and flowers, and writing about it. Our farm, Henshaw Harmony Farms, is a work in progress, with future plans to become organic certified for fruits and veggies. My life is directed by and through the music I hear all around me, and I hope that I create a harmony with others in all that I do.
henshaws' MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- If I fits, I sits: 18 photos that prove cats can get comfortable anywhere
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 4 breastfeeding myths, debunked
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cardomom and Hazelnuts: Vegan recipe
- No roads lead to Halibut Cove
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- 5 life lessons learned by working at McDonald's