Jay Michaelson (www.metatronics.net) is a writer, scholar, and activist. He is a columnist for the Forward newspaper, the Huffington Post, an Reality Sandwich magazine. A recent visiting professor at Boston University Law School, Jay's environmental writing includes the seminal 1998 article "Geoengineering: A Climate Change Manhattan Project," the first scholarly study of geoengineering approaches to climate change. Jay is also a religious activist; his books on religion include Everything is God: The Radical Path of Nondual Judaism (2009) and God in Your Body: Kabbalah, Mindfulness, and Embodied Spiritual Practice (2006), and he is the director of Nehirim, a national organization devoted to the inclusion of sexual minorities within religious communities. Jay holds a J.D. from Yale Law School and is completing his Ph.D. in religious studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Crohn's disease may be caused by food additives
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash