Jay Michaelson (www.metatronics.net) is a writer, scholar, and activist. He is a columnist for the Forward newspaper, the Huffington Post, an Reality Sandwich magazine. A recent visiting professor at Boston University Law School, Jay's environmental writing includes the seminal 1998 article "Geoengineering: A Climate Change Manhattan Project," the first scholarly study of geoengineering approaches to climate change. Jay is also a religious activist; his books on religion include Everything is God: The Radical Path of Nondual Judaism (2009) and God in Your Body: Kabbalah, Mindfulness, and Embodied Spiritual Practice (2006), and he is the director of Nehirim, a national organization devoted to the inclusion of sexual minorities within religious communities. Jay holds a J.D. from Yale Law School and is completing his Ph.D. in religious studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 epic holiday parade balloon fails
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter