I'm an old guy who lives in Minnesota -- far from Lake Wobegon -- but relatively near that Mississippi Creek that runs from here to the Gulf of Mexico..
I like to play with wood that others classify as trash, if only because I can then get it free to use for my projects.
I also like to pass along some of my experience using such material to create items that make my life easier and safer.
I operate a group site that offers touches of the above at no cost other than the time to enjoy it.
Here is the link should you be inclined to take a peek: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trashwood/
(Be aware that the site is still under construction as we are refugees from the recently abandoned MSN Group project)
Also, since the old site was over-run with people who did not contribute anything but their name, they were not invited to join us at the Yahoo site..
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- See 6 months of Earth from space in 6 minutes
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How much of the Nativity story is true?
- Meet 2014's top 10 cutest animals in science