I'm an old guy who lives in Minnesota -- far from Lake Wobegon -- but relatively near that Mississippi Creek that runs from here to the Gulf of Mexico..
I like to play with wood that others classify as trash, if only because I can then get it free to use for my projects.
I also like to pass along some of my experience using such material to create items that make my life easier and safer.
I operate a group site that offers touches of the above at no cost other than the time to enjoy it.
Here is the link should you be inclined to take a peek: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trashwood/
(Be aware that the site is still under construction as we are refugees from the recently abandoned MSN Group project)
Also, since the old site was over-run with people who did not contribute anything but their name, they were not invited to join us at the Yahoo site..
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain
- 17 recipes that put your cast-iron skillet to good use
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Happy Save the Frogs Day
- Bioluminescent fungi: 12 mushrooms that glow in the dark
- What your blood type says about you
- 8 ways to make your mornings more pleasant (and productive)
- The world's 10 oldest living trees