I'm an old guy who lives in Minnesota -- far from Lake Wobegon -- but relatively near that Mississippi Creek that runs from here to the Gulf of Mexico..
I like to play with wood that others classify as trash, if only because I can then get it free to use for my projects.
I also like to pass along some of my experience using such material to create items that make my life easier and safer.
I operate a group site that offers touches of the above at no cost other than the time to enjoy it.
Here is the link should you be inclined to take a peek: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trashwood/
(Be aware that the site is still under construction as we are refugees from the recently abandoned MSN Group project)
Also, since the old site was over-run with people who did not contribute anything but their name, they were not invited to join us at the Yahoo site..
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Take a walk through a floating flower garden
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to clean brass naturally