Jayme Dittmar is a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in conservation biology, sustainability and journalism. She is an intern at the Sierra Club North Star Chapter and also works with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service in communications. She is an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys backpacking, sled dog racing, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing.
In the future she looks forward to dedicating herself to the field of environmental journalism. She believes that everything holds a story and the Earth is no different. Her goal is to connect others with the Earth providing a greater understanding and appreciation of biodiversity and the natural environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- When the zombie apocalypse arrives, head for the Rocky Mountains
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 natural cough remedies
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared