Jayme Dittmar is a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in conservation biology, sustainability and journalism. She is an intern at the Sierra Club North Star Chapter and also works with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service in communications. She is an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys backpacking, sled dog racing, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing.
In the future she looks forward to dedicating herself to the field of environmental journalism. She believes that everything holds a story and the Earth is no different. Her goal is to connect others with the Earth providing a greater understanding and appreciation of biodiversity and the natural environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 10 things you should know about Ebola
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?