Jayme Dittmar is a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in conservation biology, sustainability and journalism. She is an intern at the Sierra Club North Star Chapter and also works with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service in communications. She is an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys backpacking, sled dog racing, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing.
In the future she looks forward to dedicating herself to the field of environmental journalism. She believes that everything holds a story and the Earth is no different. Her goal is to connect others with the Earth providing a greater understanding and appreciation of biodiversity and the natural environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- How to master the art of flower photography
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Shelter cat makes perfect rock-climbing partner
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen