Jayme Dittmar is a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in conservation biology, sustainability and journalism. She is an intern at the Sierra Club North Star Chapter and also works with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service in communications. She is an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys backpacking, sled dog racing, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing.
In the future she looks forward to dedicating herself to the field of environmental journalism. She believes that everything holds a story and the Earth is no different. Her goal is to connect others with the Earth providing a greater understanding and appreciation of biodiversity and the natural environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The mystery of the Marfa Lights
- 7 things you can make yourself instead of buying