Jayme Dittmar is a junior at the University of Minnesota majoring in conservation biology, sustainability and journalism. She is an intern at the Sierra Club North Star Chapter and also works with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife service in communications. She is an outdoors enthusiast who enjoys backpacking, sled dog racing, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing.
In the future she looks forward to dedicating herself to the field of environmental journalism. She believes that everything holds a story and the Earth is no different. Her goal is to connect others with the Earth providing a greater understanding and appreciation of biodiversity and the natural environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)